Corporate and M&A practice group of Mazur Ivanusa, LLC is experienced in the most sophisticated and challenging transactions in the Ukrainian market. We offer excellent service combining specialist legal and industry expertise to execute multifaceted transactions successfully, providing advice on any legal and regulatory issues relevant to corporate transactions in Ukraine, which often trigger a wider application of legal norms relating to merger, currency control, securities, tax or labour legislation.
We provide a full spectrum of legal services in all spheres of corporate law involving structuring and establishing presence or business in various industries in Ukraine, drafting and negotiating founding documents such as charters (articles of association) and other relevant corporate internal rules and regulations, effectively handle corporate reorganisations including group corporate restructurings. Our attorneys assist in structuring and implementing acquisitions of companies from the Ukrainian law perspective, negotiation of LOIs, sale and purchase agreements, escrow agreements, shareholder agreements and other transaction documents, obtaining merger control and other regulatory approvals as well as conducting legal due diligence of any Ukrainian target business.
In addition, we possess first-class experience in all matters related to the creation, sale or acquisition of banks or banking groups in Ukraine.
We are providing legal support in the following key areas:
- Mergers and acquisitions (public and private, post-closing support);
- Asset and share deals;
- Due diligence and limited scope reviews;
- Tenders and privatisation;
- Setting up data rooms;
- Hostile takeovers;
- Shareholder activism;
- IPOs and private placements;
- Corporate resolutions, general meetings of shareholders, charters and by-laws;
- Corporate reorganisations and restructuring;
- Structuring and setting-up businesses (establishment of representative offices, companies, joint ventures and subsidiaries);
- Shareholders agreements, put and call options, escrow arrangements;
- Deadlock resolution, shareholder litigation and exit strategies;
- Regulatory and compliance (antitrust, merger control, data protection, anti-corruption, specific industry regulations);
- Corporate governance;
- Unwinding and dissolution of companies.