We are well-placed to provide full range of dispute resolution, international arbitration and mediation services. Our professionals represent local and international clients before common, commercial and administrative courts in Ukraine as well as major arbitral institutions.
We handle disputes arising across a wide spectrum of sectors and the types of disputes, including:
- Commercial, criminal and administrative disputes in Ukrainian courts arising from cross-border or local contracts;
- Administrative proceedings involving the Anti-Monopoly Committee of Ukraine, the National Bank of Ukraine and the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine;
- White-collar crime investigations and litigation as well as managing any commercial and reputational issues associated with such proceedings;
- Bankruptcy and insolvency litigation;
- Collection of debt arising out of commercial contracts or bank lending;
- Enforcement of all types of security as well as resisting any frivolous litigations aimed at invalidation of finance and security documents;
- Tax and customs disputes;
- Corporate and shareholder disputes;
- Real estate, planning and construction;
- Commercial fraud and hostile takeovers;
- Labour and employment;
- Contentious IP.
Our expertise enables us to develop and implement effective court strategies at every stage of the litigation process. In particular, we can represent you in court or provide advice in respect of any contentious matter, including:
- Pre-trial advice and the development of the litigation strategy to be applied in court;
- Advice and assistance in any amicable/out-of-court settlement of disputes;
- Representing clients in Ukrainian courts at all levels and stage of the litigation process;
- Obtaining satisfaction and enforcement of court decisions; working with the State Executive Service of Ukraine;
- Developing independent expert reports and opinions for foreign courts on Ukrainian law matters as well as participating in cross examinations.
- Choice of the arbitration forum/negotiation of arbitration clauses and the arbitration agreements;
- Pre-arbitration and the mitigation of litigation risks;
- Representing clients in local and international arbitration tribunals;
- Assisting foreign counsel in multi-jurisdictional arbitration proceedings;
- Drafting, negotiating and executing arbitration and forum selection agreements; drafting and negotiating settlement agreements;
- Assistance in the recognition and enforcement of foreign arbitration awards;
- Preparation of expert statements on issues of Ukrainian law in matters.
Our litigation and arbitration clients include global international banks and other financial institutions as well as leading foreign and local companies from various industries.